The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) announces IASME Consortium will take over full responsibility for Cyber Essentials delivery as of 1st April 2020.
In October 2019 the NCSC have awarded a 5-year contract to the IASME Consortium Ltd to be the new Cyber Essentials Partner.
“We are extremely excited about the prospect of working in partnership with the NCSC to develop and grow the Cyber Essentials scheme. We have seen such a positive effect already over the last 5 years where Cyber Essentials has increased the basic levels of security across all sectors. We are so pleased that we can be part of the future developments, working closely with the excellent Certification Bodies, trade bodies, police and other key stakeholders, to ensure further growth of the scheme.”
IASME Chief Executive, Dr Emma Philpott, MBE
Cyber Essentials is an important part of the NCSC’s mission to make the UK one of the safest places to live and do business-on line. The NCSC announced that it is looking forward to working in partnership with the IASME team to ensure that the scheme continues to evolve to meet the cyber security challenges of tomorrow a scheme that puts cyber security within reach of the vast majority of UK organisations.
If you’re not yet certified in Cyber Essentials or Cyber Essentials PLUS or are thinking about re-certifying please do not hesitate to reach out to ACS today. IASME are already our accrediting body so we’re ready to support your business.
The benefits of certifying for Cyber Essentials can help your organisation in many ways
- Reassure customers that you take cyber security seriously
- Be listed on the NCSC Directory of organisations awarded Cyber Essentials
- Attract news businesses with the promise you have cyber security measures in place.
Call our expert workplace security team today on 0800 781 6717
Three Steps to Certification
- Contact ACS as your chosen Certification Body
- Verify that your IT is suitably secure and meets the standards sets by Cyber Essentials which ACS can help you to do
- Complete the questionnaire. ACS will provide you with this and verify your answers. Once you’ve passed we’ll award you with your Cyber Essentials certificate.