You only have 6 months to plan your upgrade to Windows 10 before Windows 7 is no longer supported.
From January 14, 2020, you will no longer receive updates or support from Windows 7. Presently, 55% of small and midsize businesses are slightly aware or unaware of Windows 7 end of support and under 30% have any formal plans in place. 1
Regardless of the size of your business you should be planning & allocating the budget now in order to ensure you aren’t stung by the inevitable security & compatibility issues.
Windows 7 will continue to start and run, but you will no longer receive updates or IT support from Microsoft. This includes no Cyber security updates, non-security hotfixes, free or paid assisted IT support options and online technical content updates.
- Research has shown that more than 50% of small businesses have suffered a data breach or cyber-attack, averaging more than £65,900 per breach.2
- Windows 10 reduces security issues and time to resolve them by 33%.3
- 82 million passwords are stolen daily.4
- New PCs enable 65% faster multi-tasking compared to a 5 year old PC.5
- Windows start-up has been shown to be 28% slower on older PCs.6
- 37% of the global workforce is now mobile.7
- PCs that are older than four years can cost you 1.5x more in repairs.8
- PCs that are older than four years can also cause a 2.1x increase in lost productivity.4
- Newer PCs can run 8 applications simultaneously while older PCs can only run 5 (without performance degradation).
- Employees are 14% less productive on PCs that are 4+ years old, resulting in an estimated cost of £6,750 per year.9
Call our expert workplace technology team today on 0800 781 6717
Benefits of Windows 10
It’s all about the experience – Windows 10 comes with the features and capabilities that will make your day to day more enjoyable, help keep you organised and ready to tackle any challenges.
Windows 10 comes with Cortana, a voice-activated personal assistant. Cortana can set reminders, inform you of the weather, search the internet and much more.
Customisable, live tiles on Windows 10 allows you to have a personalised experience. Just about anything can become a tile, from websites to apps and the tiles can then be resized and moved around as required.
For a seamless user experience, Continuum lets you carry on working from desktop to tablet and back again. This helps create a modern, flexible and fluid working style as expected by today’s workforce.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s cloud storage service which is built into Windows 10. It lets you sync files across PCs and OneDrive devices.
BitLocker helps you keep your files safe while BitLocker Go gives you the same functionality while you’re on the move. It features:
- Sign in with face or fingerprint – a fast, secure way to sign in
- Lost or stolen device – remove confidential business information immediately
- Windows Information Protection – control how employees use business data
- Windows Defender Antivirus – protects you against malware threats.
As a HP Gold Partner and Service Provider, ACS houses trained engineers and access to all HP product information. Offering support and guidance on the entire product range, customers are guaranteed the best advice and up to date information direct from ACS.
Do you have a question for us?
Windows 7 End Of Service Research, April 2018, Microsoft Corporation 2SMB 25-249 seats; MM/ENT 250-5000+ seats
Small Biz Daily: 10 Small Business Trends 2018
Forrester, The Total Economic Impact™ Of Microsoft Windows
Based on Microsoft internal research
As measured by SEG562, which is an office productivity and multitasking workload using Microsoft Word* (save to PDF), Excel* (recalc), PowerPoint* (slide sort), and NXPowerLite Desktop* (to shrink contents with office documents, kind of like compression), all while playing video in the background (simulating the watching of a business training or webcast).
Testing conducted by Principled Technologies in July 2015 in a closed lab environment using OEM factory default images on a representative sample of Windows 7 devices. Each boot test was run 10 times and the averages compared. Average improvement in startup was 28%
Ponemon; 2016 State of Cybersecurity in SMB (USA); Canadian Chamber of Commerce, An Analysis of the Adoption of Internet-based Technology, February 2017
Pivoting SMBs to Buy PCs; Techaisle, 2015
Statistics from a 2018 web-based survey of 1020 small business owners (in US, Australia, India, China and Japan), commissioned by Intel and conducted by J.GoldAssociates, LLC, to assess the challenges and costs of using older PCs.